Entry 9

I went to Yellowstone once with a few classmates in 8th grade once. I remember landing, and smelling a new kind of hair. There was also a freeness I felt as soon as I got off the plane because this was the first time I had traveled without the presence of my parents. I was mostly drawn to the animals there. I loved being in a minivan, traveling through a little town seeing buffalos on the side of the road, or huge bucks while traveling from one location to the next. I have always been drawn to the presence in animals. I felt uncertain at night time. Especially because I had next had a sleepover before, and I didn't know how to act when time to go to bed, I thought something fun had to happen every night. (which it did.) If I could visit again I would go hiking more often, and make a campfire in a safe place with my homies.

Comments